Monday, February 9, 2009

WHENCE COMETH IT?

Let me get this straight. The government is going to "give" us a stimulus package.

Goody, goody!

Well, where is the money coming from?

It will come from the tax payers.

Say what?

The government is going to take money from the tax payers so that it can give a stimulus to the tax payer?

Well, the government won't get the money directly from the tax payer.

It will borrow the money so that only future tax payers will have to pay for it.

Or, they can just print some more money, promising the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government to back it.

Frankly, I don't have much faith in the U.S. Government at this time.

Nor do I give them much credit for just about anything.

So, then, whence cometh the stimulus?

Your stimulus, dear citizen, cometh from you.

Sucker.

5 comments:

Pasadena Closet Conservative said...

Fire up those printers! Easy come, easy go.

shoprat said...

It's all just too sickening.

Anonymous said...

not me. I get all my tax money back. a whole 35.00!!

Imagine that! Oh, and there's nothing in the stimulus package for us either--nor any other retiree. But we do get to reap the rewards of inflation. Gotta love American politics. selahV

Joe said...

PCC: I was thinking of putting mine to work...the money it would print would be of the same value as that printed by the govt.

Shoprat: More-so each day.

selahV: I think inflation is overblown.

Mark said...

Joe, the stimulus package goes to Liberal organizations to further their Liberal agendas for the most part. We won't see a dime of it ourselves.