Monday, June 18, 2012

I'VE ALWAYS LOVED SPAM - BLOGGER, NOT SO MUCH

I am having a real issue with Blogger throwing some of my commenters' comments into my spam section, which Blogger has now made less intuitive to get to.

In fact, Blogger has made EVERYTHING about itself less intuitive.

The problem is that IT guys are smart about codes and such, but know absolutely nothing about proper communication, intuitiveness or linear lay logic.

Does anybody know how to get this fixed (not a technical term) so that those who are trying to comment on my blog can do so without being unceremoniously tossed into the SPAM section?

Blogger Dashboard has degenerated into a major league joke.

I, for one, don't want to have to check my spam section every day to see if legitimate commenters' comments might have found their way there.

Also, how do I contact Blogger to tell them how much I hate what they have done with what was a fairly easy place to blog?

6 comments:

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

I have also found blogger to be more user-unfriendly, but I'm getting used to it.

All comments, spam or not, show on my dashboard and I can look at them to determine to post them. I tend to get most of them in my e-mail also. So I don't know what to tell you there.

I don't like the new security codes for posting comments!

Mark said...

I don't like the new blogger format either. When I write a new post, I have to go into a different form just to put spaces between my paragraphs. It's time consuming and unnecessary in my opinion.

But, it's still easier to leave comments than Wordpress is.

Mark said...

Well, maybe not so easy to prove I'm not a robot. I can't read those characters!

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

I have learned to do all my writing on my normal word processing program, and then cut and paste it into the window of blogger, and then block it to do the font and size and change colors, etc. It works pretty well that way. My wife still does it directly in the blogger and has tons of trouble getting the space and format right.

Joe said...

GEC: I often compose in Word '97, and when I paste it in Blogger's HTML it comes out as one paragraph. It used to come out right.

If I paste it in the "Compose" mode, I then have to delete the wide spaces between paragraphs.

Mark: Whoever developed those characters is a pure sadist.

There used to be three guys I was going to punch out (in Christian love, of course) when I get to Heaven: The guy who wrote those Microsoft warnings ("This program has performed an illegal function" and "This program has encountered a fatal error;" the guy who invented CD shrink wrap; and the guy who inventer "easy open" pouches for food products.

Now I'm adding the guy who developed those mystery characters.

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Yes, in Microsoft Word or Works, for some absurd reason when pasting in to blogger it leaves spaces between paragraphs which then have to be deleted. Two years ago my desktop crashed so I got an iMac, but also a PC laptop, so I have both systems. iMac lets me past in with no problem.