Wednesday, June 8, 2011

IRRESPONSIBLY RESPONSIBLE

Well, Anthony Weiner has confessed.

He wasn't certain that the pictures he tweeted were really him, but he confessed.

Funny thing...I know with absolute certainty that the pictures were not me. And you knew they were not you.

But he wasn't sure they weren't him.

That's because he knew that they were him.

But fear not, for he has taken "full responsibility" for his impropriety.

Balder-ever-lovin'-blue-eyed-dash!

He has taken no responsibility.

Let me tell you why.

In the liberal/progressive mind, "taking responsibility" means absolutely nothing more than admitting that you did something. There is never a price to pay.

Let me tell you lib/progs what responsibility is, so next time you'll recognize it (fat chance).

Let's say you and I are in a car on the freeway, and I'm driving.

Suppose you don't think I'm going fast enough, so you tell me to go faster.

I say, "No, the speed limit is 70 mph and that's what I'm doing."

Then you say, "You little wimp (not that anyone would consider me a little anything), we're going to be late. Drive faster."

And I refuse, so you repeat the demand.

Finally I give in and speed up to 85 mph.

Then the little blue lights come on and the cop saunters up to my window, asking whether I knew how much over the speed limit I was going.

"Oh, yes, I do, officer, but my passenger is a fault because he told me to speed up."

News flash!

The officer will not ticket the passenger, he will ticket me.

Why?

Because I'm responsible and I have to take responsibility by receiving and paying the $350.00 ticket.

See, responsibility always carries with it a price that must be paid,

Like Janet Reno at Wako; like Bill Clinton at Lewinski; like President BO (the Child President) at the economy, Democrats "take responsibility" and pay no price.

And so it is with Weiner.

He thought he could give us the shaft, expose his viagror, and not prick his conscience.

Turns out he doesn't have a conscience, only sorrow that he got caught.

Isn't it just a little bit sad when absolute sleaze is accepted as the norm for our leaders?

Come on, people. When are you going to wake up?

If this tide doesn't turn, it will sink all boats to the same depths.

Then who will be left to take responsibility?

7 comments:

sue said...

Joe - Do you realize that there is a pun in the last sentence of your post?

Joe said...

sue: A pun my word!

Susannah said...

Yep~ Lots of plays on words here, Joe! Good stuff.

This whole thing is so ridiculous. I mean -- we've got Iran on the verge of a nuke & THIS is what we talk about ad nauseum?? (not aimed at you, Joe, just @ the Media)

The guy is trash, his marriage is over, & OF COURSE this is what we expect out of our elected leaders. It's gaudy, lascivious theater. Move on along, ma'am, nothing more to see here...Next??

My question is, "What's going on behind the curtain, that they don't want us to know about, that they threw their darling to the wolves as a distraction???"

Call me cynical...

tha malcontent said...

It gets worse.. It's all coming out now.

Have a peek at this.

http://www.radaronline.com/sites/radaronline.com/files/Wiener-Facebook-Transcript-Watermarked.pdf

Lisa said...

I did not have Text with that woman.

Mark said...

He will not resign. San Fran Nan says she will launch an investigation to see if he violated any Congressional rules, but that's just idle talk. The Democrats have no intention of doing anything about this.

The worst they will do is censure him, and we all know what that entails. Absolutely nothing. Before we know it, he will be back at the microphone, calling Republicans corrupt.

Joe said...

Susannah: OK, you're cynical. So should be the rest of us.

the malcontent: It's hard to believe that you have to look up to see the sleaze...he is so low.

Lisa: That was great!

Mark: Do you think this will all disappear?