Monday, December 17, 2012

REASONS TO BE A DEMOCRAT

I have made a decision to change my Party affiliation to Democrat. I have done so because of the pressures placed on me by certain liberal thinkers.

My reasons for changing are listed below.

1.  I have changed my Party affiliation to Democrat because I can now marry whatever I want, another male, a tree or another animal.

2.  I have changed my Party affiliation to Democrat because oil companies make way too much profit. They make as much as 4% profit on every gallon of gasoline they produce. I also love the fact that the federal government can tax those same gallons of gas at a rate of 15%, and that's not considered too much.

3.  I have changed my Party affiliation to Democrat because I have come to understand that the federal government is much more fiscally responsible than I am, and will do a better job of spending money without waste than I can

4.  I have changed my Party affiliation to Democrat because I believe in freedom of speech as long as nobody is offended by it, especially those who agree with me philosophically. If I offend someone who is philosophically opposed to me, that's OK. As a Democrat I have special dispensation to offend Christians, but not members of other religions or non-religions, such as Islam, Epicureanism, atheism and so forth.

5.  I have changed my Party affiliation to Democrat because I have come to understand that the Second Amendment used the word "citizens" in a military sense. I realize that I am too irresponsible to own a gun and only the police and the federal government should own them. They have done such a wonderful job of preventing mass murders, regular murders, thefts and other mayhem, that I now feel safe in malls, schools and military bases.

6.  I have changed my Party affiliation to Democrat because of their commitment to "green" energy eons before it is fiscally or technologically viable. These are the same people who struggle with predicting the weather next week, but who know what will happen to the ice caps if we don't change our ways.

7.  I have changed my Party affiliation to Democrat because they understand that even though the DNA of a fetus is different from that of the mother-to-be-or-not-to-be carrying it is still a "part of her body with which she can do whatever she wishes.

8.  I have changed my Party affiliation to Democrat because they understand that "illegal" is an erroneous way to describe those who enter this country illegally and that those who do should be afforded free health care, education, Social Security benefits...the latter by reducing the amount received by those who paid into the system and redistributing it to the "illegals".

9.  I have changed my Party affiliation to Democrat because of their unique understanding that businesses should not make profits for themselves, but need to break even, giving the rest to the government for redistribution.

10.  I have changed my Party affiliation to Democrat because they have studiously determined that the Constitution is a flawed document that needs to be rewritten by judges and/or executive orders. They also have concluded that the voters are too dumb to know what laws are needed and who to send to Congress to write those laws.

11.  I have changed my Party affiliation to Democrat because they are willing to pay billions of dollars for oil to people who hate us. They comprehend that to drill for our own oil would upset the established ecological order.

12.  I have changed my Party affiliation to Democrat because they realize that using our own nation's natural resources would provide way too many jobs and would reduce citizens' dependency on the federal government for their existence.

Having now had the time to review the reasons listed above, and having decided to apply rational thought to my decision, I have decided to recind my decision and instead have decided to remain a staunch conservative, even in the face of ridicule and aspersions.

Besides, even as I wrote the reasons I felt the mental illness of liberalism coming on. I struggle enough with things not be add mental illness to the things I have to deal with.

So, here I am, like it or not, still a right-wing, thoughtful, intelligent, rational conservative, wondering how I could ever have been tempted to fall for the irrational thought sequences postulated above.

The preceding is an adaptation of an article by James W. Anderson.

Note: My original post contained the phrase: "...I have decided to resend my decision ..." which contained a misspelling. Out of fear of retribution by certain liberal spell-checkers, and with thanks to Glenn E. Chatfield, I have corrected the misspelling. I hope I have it write, know.

17 comments:

Fredd said...

Maybe you should rethink jumping to the Democrat way of life. Why not join the ruling class?

Silverfiddle said...

Hi Joe,

I am posting this at every blog I visit that is addressing the Sandy Hook tragedy. I realize you are not, but I thought you'd appreciate the information anyway. I apologize for going off-topic, but it is critical we bring facts to this discussion.

It is an emotional topic, and I can understand the gun-haters'emotional outbursts, but we must respond with charity and the facts.

Fact #1: Violent crime is down from 2000 to 2009, as is the use of a firearm in commission of a crime.

Here are a few excellent links:

Aweful Reactions to Sandy Hook Shooting

Here is a link to an DOJ report:

US DOJ Report: Criminal Victimization, 2009

Some excerpts from the report:

"For overall violent crime, firearms, knives, and other weapons were used in about equal proportions"

"Weapons were used in 22% of all violent crimes in 2009"

"Between 2000 and 2009, the overall rate of firearm violence declined from 2.4 to 1.4 victimizations per 1,000 persons age 12 or older (table 10)."

"Firearms were used in about 8% of all violent crime incidents in 2009.

During the 10-year period, about 6% to 9% of all violent crime incidents were committed with firearms"


Established facts and Christian charity must be our departure point in our search for answers.

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Joe,

I think you mean "rescind" vs "resend." X.O. will probably slam you for that one.

Otherwise, excellent points made.

Joe said...

Fredd: Can I apply for king?

Silverfiddle: I have addressed it, though, and appreciate your contribution.

GEC: You are absolutely correct. I will eagerly await XO's correction.

Ducky's here said...

"For overall violent crime, firearms, knives, and other weapons were used in about equal proportions"
----
How about the use in murders.

Let's have the full story. Don't weasel, Silver.
You don't want to sound like an 85 I.Q. rabies radio hate jock, do you?

Ducky's here said...

11. I have changed my Party affiliation to Democrat because they are willing to pay billions of dollars for oil to people who hate us. They comprehend that to drill for our own oil would upset the established ecological order.

===========
I especially enjoy this bit of nonsense.

We are becoming fossil fuel independent due to increased drilling for oil and natural gas.

Even when we imported much more petroleum the source was Canada and Mexico primarily among the "people who hate us" but since the petroleum market is a world market priced in dollars (and we want it that way) the whole thought makes absolutely no sense.

Ducky's here said...

3. I have changed my Party affiliation to Democrat because I have come to understand that the federal government is much more fiscally responsible than I am, and will do a better job of spending money without waste than I can

----
Bet this guy owns a Hummer and has a jumbo mortgage that's under water.

Jarhead said...

Talking about Democrats, isn't it interesting that this thr Pig in a Pant Suit otherwise known as Hillary Clinton has been involved in situations with two men that are considered Impeachable offenses. BJ Bubba barely escaped impeachment and removal from office for blatant perjury, while Zero will skate by without anybody even mentioning impeachment, despite his actions (and inaction's) costing American lives.

Why don't they Supoena her to testify and if she does not show up, throw her in jail.

And let´s say she really has a concussion. Then subpoena her back in Feb, April, June, Dec of 2013. This investigation shall never be closed until she testifies. FOUR American's were Killed for Gods Sake!

IMHO Her boss doesn´t want her to testify, so she won´t, period! There wasn't any virus, she didn't faint, there was no concussion. It´s just another a typical liberal fraud. If she´d had a concussion she would have been hospitalized.

Ducky's here said...

BJ Bubba barely escaped impeachment and removal from office for blatant perjury

------
Hardly cut and dried.

You can lie as much as you like if your testimony is not related to a criminal inquiry. Since someone's sex life is not a criminal offense the perjury charge is very, very moot.

Likewise the Benghazi affair is completely blown out of proportion and is nothing more than an opportunity for the fringe right to strut.

1. Embassy deaths (and this wasn't even an embassy) have become common. The number of deaths under Obama has been lower than under other recent presidents.

2. The CIA may well have wanted the truth buried to make it a little more likely they could gather intelligence on the perps. A legitimate concern that escapes the fringe right which is blinded by abject hatred of Obama.

But we don't expect dispassionate reason from the right, do we?


Joe said...

Ducky: "Bet this guy owns a Hummer and has a jumbo mortgage that's under water."

A conclusion based on suppositions of facts not in evidence.

Ducky's here said...

Ducky: "Bet this guy owns a Hummer and has a jumbo mortgage that's under water."

A conclusion based on suppositions of facts not in evidence.
----
Wrong Joe.

There are plenty of those folks in the country and they amply dispel the idea that the individual is necessarily competent with money.

This guy obviously didn't think very deeply before writing this superficial screed.

Joe said...

Ducky: "There are plenty of those folks in the country..."

Like I said, you have presented no evidence that "this guy" was among them but have supposed him to be so without the benefit of any factual information.

He might or might not drive a Hummer and he might or might not have a home under water...I don't know (at least I don't at this moment), and you don't either.

But you have no hesitation characterizing him as one who does both, which is the "all _______s (fill in the blank: Japs, Blacks, Mexicans)are alike philosophy.

That is the essence of racism.

Shaw Kenawe said...

"I have changed my Party affiliation to Democrat because I can now marry whatever I want, another male, a tree or another animal."

Joe, Republicans and Libertarians can and do marry persons of the same sex--and have supported that civil right.

Um, trees and animals cannot give consent. Perhaps you think both trees and nonhuman animals talk?

Maybe that explains why you wrote this catalog of nonsense. Did a tree tell you to?

Joe said...

SK: "Did a tree tell you to?"

The tree told me not to, but I disobeyed.

Xavier Onassis said...

Jarhead - "If she´d had a concussion she would have been hospitalized."

So I guess you have a trail of evidence that every single football player from middle school right on up to the NFL who ever suffered a concussion was hospitalized because that is a standard, mandatory medical practice in the case of concussions?

Do tell.

I'll bet there are a lot of brain addled football players and boxers who wish they had known that.

Anonymous said...

Hey dingbat! We are talking about the sec of state, not some football player.
Ah but wait, you libs have an excuse. For everything , so why I wasting my time even talking to you?

Unknown said...

I love your blog!