Sunday, March 20, 2011

TEMPORARY LEAVE OF ABSENCE



LIFE HAS ITS SHARE OF INTERRUPTIONS, AND THIS IS ONE OF MINE.


For most of my adult life I have awakened every morning excited about doing what I got to do that day.


As a Minister of Music, Youth and/or Education, I got to do things I never would have gotten to do in any other endeavor.


For 27 years as an Announcer/Operator/Manager in christian radio, I got to do what I had never expected to be able to do.


When the economy went south, both of these activities began to suffer and eventually I had to leave them as an occupation.


Now I get up every morning to go to a job I hate, happy to have any bill-paying job at all.


The adjustment to a totally different way of life has taken its toll on my inspiration to write, and
I find myself unwilling to take what little time I have to spend it blogging...at least for now.


I plan to return in the not too distant future.

For now, I will continue to read and comment on your blogs and will try to keep up with conservative news and comments.

Until my return, keep the liberal/progressives' toes to the fire.

9 comments:

Susannah said...

Joe! I'm so sorry to read this! Sorry that you're taking a break, but we all need that. More concerned about the reasons you're doing so...Hopefully, this time will give you a reprieve from the hard issues we blog about - esp. b/c you're living some of them...

Maybe take some time to enjoy some out door stuff, gardening, walking, flying kites! Read something funny, or inspirational, or just plain silly! Enjoy time w/ your lovely wife, DO stop by our blogs (we NEED your voice), and get some rest.

Hope to be hearing from you soon. Until then, you're in my prayers~

tha malcontent said...

"Until my return, keep the liberal/progressives' toes to the fire.?

You can count on that.

Please hurry back.

Lisa said...

all the best Joe
XXXXOOOO!

Z said...

Have missed you for a while, JOe...had no idea this is how you're feeling and I so admire your desire to spend whatever time from work in real quality time with your loved ones.
But, you are missed..God bless you, JOe... do hurry back, as Mal says.

David Wyatt said...

Thanks for your honesty bro. Joe. We truly will miss your insightful posts. We're praying for you. God Bless.

Trekkie4Ever said...

Joe, I am truly sorry and I pray that you will become inspired once again. God has His hand upon you my friend.

Until your return, I give you my solemn promise to keep all liberals on their toes.

Hope to hear from you and look forward to your visits.

sue said...

Joe - I hope you are doing ok, and will be back soon.

Krystal said...

Praying for you...

Z said...

You're missed, Joe...
blessings, Z