Saturday, September 12, 2015
On this blog, I intentionally limit free speech. That is not against the Constitution, it is just that I am not the federal government and thus not subject to the same limitations. With that said, let me point out a few things about this blog.
1. You do not have freedom of speech on this blog.
2. I decide whose comments to keep and whose to delete.
3. Comments must be on topic or they will be deleted.
4. Rants about liberals, while they might express some level of truth, if they are not related to the subject of the post, will be deleted as soon as I see them.
5. Foul language is not permitted on this blog. I will decide what is foul and will act accordingly. If you don't know the difference between foul and acceptable language, I will help you by deleting comments that I think contain foul language.
6. It is not required that you think I am fair. It is required that you follow my rules on my blog.
7. Comments that support either a liberal or a conservative agenda that contain grammatical errors that do not appear, in my eyes, to be typographical errors, will be seen by me to be too ignorant to be of merit and will be subject to deletion.
8. Comments that indicate that the writer does not know the difference between "their," "they're" and "there" and other such homonyms of grammatical importance are subject to deletion. Those errors indicate that the commenter is too ignorant to make his/her point.
9. Verbal attacks on other commenter as the main point of a comment will be deleted. "That's a stupid opinion" is an example of a comment that has no topic other than to deride someone else. Such a comment will not be tolerated on this blog.
10. If all of that sounds unfair or defensive, get over it. That's the way it is.
Here are the rules as listed in my side-bar:
1. Absolutely no foul language (including the use of asterisks). If you are not man or woman enough to control your language, you are not welcome here...go somewhere else.
2. I am not looking for strings of commenters arguing with each other, so confine your comments to the topic at hand and address your comments to me, unless you can be exceptionally gracious and polite.
3. Since this is my blog, I am the sole arbiter of what can be placed on this blog. My decisions are final and without recourse. All anonymous comments, unsigned, will be deleted, as will ad hominem attacks against me or others.
4. Within the scope of those rules, you may feel free to have fun here (I sure will). Sarcasm, wit, half-wit, nit-wit, parody, satire, puns (especially puns), etc. are encouraged.
Posted by Joe at 11:30 AM