Wednesday, March 13, 2013

NOT THE EMPEROR? WHAT A PROBLEM!


Emperor Penguins
In a letter to Lewis Nicola dated May 22, 1782 on the subject being made king of the new country, General Washington wrote:
"With a mixture of great surprise and astonishment I have read with attention the Sentiments you have submitted to my perusal. Be assured Sir, no occurrence in the course of the War, has given me more painful sensations than your information of there being such ideas existing in the Army as you have expressed, and I must view with abhorrence, and reprehend with severity. For the present, the communication of them will rest in my own bosom, unless some further agitation of the matter, shall make a disclosure necessary. I am much at a loss to conceive what part of my conduct could have given encouragement to an address which to me seems big with the greatest mischiefs that can befall my Country. If I am not deceived in the knowledge of myself, you could not have found a person to whom your schemes are more disagreeable; at the same time in justice to my own feelings I must add, that no Man possesses a more sincere wish to see ample justice done to the Army than I do, and as far as my powers and influence, in a constitutional way extend, they shall be employed to the utmost of my abilities to effect it, should there be any occasion. Let me conjure to you then, if you have any regard for your Country, concern for yourself or posterity, or respect for me, banish these thoughts from your mind, and never communicate, as from yourself, or anyone else a sentiment of the like Nature." 
(Volume 24, p. 272, John C. Fitzpatrick ed., The Writings of George Washington  1745-1799(39 vols), Washington, D.C.: United States George Washington Bicentennial Commission)
In other words, George Washington rejected the idea of a government such as the one the colonists had just left, headed by King George III.
On February 14, 2013, President BO (the amateur president) recently complained: ""This is something I've struggled with throughout my presidency," said Obama. "The problem is that I'm the president of the United States, I'm not the emperor of the United States. My job is to execute laws that are passed."
Some might be tempted to conclude that he did not mean that he wants to be emperor, rather was recognizing that he was not.
The problem is that in the context of his behavior and in the accumulation of his various statements, he really wants to be able to state what he thinks needs to be done and then to get it done with or without Congress. He has said so.
But, liberals will continue to fool themselves into believing that President BO (the amateur president) is a man of good character, devoid of influence by his friends and mentors from his early years and just wants what he believes is "good for the country."
There is no one as blind as someone who refuses to see the truth when it stares them right in the face.

6 comments:

Xavier Onassis said...

Jo Joe - ""The problem is that I'm the president of the United States, I'm not the emperor of the United States. My job is to execute laws that are passed."

Some might be tempted to conclude that he did not mean that he wants to be emperor, rather was recognizing that he was not."

Of course he was recognizing that he wasn't. Don't be stupid by suggesting otherwise.

"...he really wants to be able to state what he thinks needs to be done and then to get it done with or without Congress..."

That's called Leadership. It's called being The President of the United States. It's called being the one individual elected to represent every citizen in the entire country, unrestricted by state or congressional district.

"...liberals will continue to fool themselves into believing that President BO (the amateur president) is a man of good character, devoid of influence by his friends and mentors from his early years..."

Oh, here we go again with the conspiratorial innuendos. What "friends" and "mentors" are you referring to? Name them and prove yourself a "low information" fool.


Joe said...

XO: "Name them and prove yourself a "low information" fool."

Frank Marshall Davis, Edward Said Derrick Bell, David Cantor, Bill Ayers,Jeremiah Wright, Vernon Jarrett via his daughter-in-law, David Axelrod via his mother, his communist college days, and many, many others.

Xavier Onassis said...

Jo Joe - "Frank Marshall Davis, Edward Said Derrick Bell, David Cantor, Bill Ayers,Jeremiah Wright, Vernon Jarrett via his daughter-in-law, David Axelrod via his mother, his communist college days, and many, many others."

Thank you for proving my point. Cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo.

Ducky's here said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ducky's here said...

Joe, I'm appalled by your incomplete list. Surely you could have devoted more time to this serious topic.

Missing:

Frances Fox Piven
Saul Alinsky
Noam Chomsky
Antonio Gramsci
Norman Vincent Peale
Georg Lucács
Hassan al-Banna
Sayyid Qutb
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Kim Kardashian
Freidrich Engels
Michael Moore
Leon Trotsky
Emma Goldman
Snooki
Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Joe Hill
Jamie Dimon
Jim and Tammy Bakker
Ché Guevara
Armando Montelongo
Mother Jones ...

the complete list is even more frightening.

Ducky's here said...

Joe, it's Canter not Cantor.