Years ago I wrote on this blog about a so-called caliphate being put together by Arab terrorists. I was laughed at, ridiculed and insulted at the very idea of such an imaginary danger...even after 9/11. Well, guess who's laughing now. ISIS (which is trying to change its name to IS) is poised to advance through the Middle East and is growing exponentially with new recruits. ISIS (IS) has a plan in mind and is building the organization to make it happen. The Obama administration has been reluctant to even admit such an organization existed and when it became irrefutable, he announced that the United States' involvement would be minuscule. Instead of doing what it takes to rid the world of this threat, he has chosen to appear uncommitted and pussyfooted in his response. ISIS (IS) is larger and more powerful than Al Quieda was before 9/11. They are steadfast in their goal. Here is their goal as expressed by one of their leaders: "Americans should stop being “cowards” and attacking the Islamic State terror group with drones, the terror group’s spokesperson told Vice News, adding that the militants aim to reach the U.S.
“I say to America, that the Islamic Caliphate has been established,” Abu Mosa said. “And we will not stop.
“Don’t be cowards and attack us with drones,” he continued. “Instead send your soldiers, the ones we humiliated in Iraq. We will humiliate them everywhere, God willing, and we will raise the flag of Allah in the White House.” Is this just paper tiger hot air? Maybe. Let's hope so. How far should we let ISIS (IS) go? What should we do to stop them, if anything?
I was born in Miami, Florida, the son of an Air Force officer, traveled the world, was saved at age 17, and have served the Lord since. That's me on the left and my lovely wife, Bonnie...the pretty one...on the right.
1. Absolutely no foul language (including the use of asterisks). If you are not man or woman enough to control your language, you are not welcome here...go somewhere else.
2. I am not looking for strings of commenters arguing with each other, so confine your comments to the topic at hand and address your comments to me, unless you can be exceptionally gracious and polite.
3. Since this is my blog, I am the sole arbiter of what can be placed on this blog. My decisions are final and without recourse. All anonymous comments, unsigned, will be deleted, as will ad hominem attacks against me or others.
4. Within the scope of those rules, you may feel free to have fun here (I sure will). Sarcasm, wit, half-wit, nit-wit, parody, satire, puns (especially puns), etc. are encouraged.
FOUR PRINCIPLES THAT DEFINE TRUE CONSERVATISM:
1. Respect for The Constitution
2. Respect for Life
3. The Smallest Possible Government
4. Individual Responsibility
This blog is about my philosophy of government, which is a very conservative philosophy.
You are not required to agree with me (although you would be better off if you did).
I am biased toward conservatism, and make no apologies for that.
Freedom means not being controlled by the government, that being the very reason we declared our independence from Great Britain.
Government's job is not to provide things for people, but to provide the opportunity for people to persue the things they want via the vehicles of freedom and responsibility.
FAIR USE: This blog may contain copyrighted material. Such material is made available for educational purposes, to advance understanding of human rights, democracy, scientific, moral, ethical, and social justice issues, etc. This constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.