Monday, September 28, 2015
Sunday, September 20, 2015
Monday, September 14, 2015
Saturday, September 12, 2015
On this blog, I intentionally limit free speech. That is not against the Constitution, it is just that I am not the federal government and thus not subject to the same limitations. With that said, let me point out a few things about this blog.
1. You do not have freedom of speech on this blog.
2. I decide whose comments to keep and whose to delete.
3. Comments must be on topic or they will be deleted.
4. Rants about liberals, while they might express some level of truth, if they are not related to the subject of the post, will be deleted as soon as I see them.
5. Foul language is not permitted on this blog. I will decide what is foul and will act accordingly. If you don't know the difference between foul and acceptable language, I will help you by deleting comments that I think contain foul language.
6. It is not required that you think I am fair. It is required that you follow my rules on my blog.
7. Comments that support either a liberal or a conservative agenda that contain grammatical errors that do not appear, in my eyes, to be typographical errors, will be seen by me to be too ignorant to be of merit and will be subject to deletion.
8. Comments that indicate that the writer does not know the difference between "their," "they're" and "there" and other such homonyms of grammatical importance are subject to deletion. Those errors indicate that the commenter is too ignorant to make his/her point.
9. Verbal attacks on other commenter as the main point of a comment will be deleted. "That's a stupid opinion" is an example of a comment that has no topic other than to deride someone else. Such a comment will not be tolerated on this blog.
10. If all of that sounds unfair or defensive, get over it. That's the way it is.
Here are the rules as listed in my side-bar:
1. Absolutely no foul language (including the use of asterisks). If you are not man or woman enough to control your language, you are not welcome here...go somewhere else.
2. I am not looking for strings of commenters arguing with each other, so confine your comments to the topic at hand and address your comments to me, unless you can be exceptionally gracious and polite.
3. Since this is my blog, I am the sole arbiter of what can be placed on this blog. My decisions are final and without recourse. All anonymous comments, unsigned, will be deleted, as will ad hominem attacks against me or others.
4. Within the scope of those rules, you may feel free to have fun here (I sure will). Sarcasm, wit, half-wit, nit-wit, parody, satire, puns (especially puns), etc. are encouraged.
Posted by Joe at 11:30 AM
Tuesday, September 8, 2015
COSTELLO: I want to talk about the unemployment rate in America .
ABBOTT: Good Subject. Terrible Times. It’s 5.6%.
COSTELLO: That many people are out of work?
ABBOTT: No, that’s 23%.
COSTELLO: You just said 5.6%.
ABBOTT: 5.6% Unemployed.
COSTELLO: Right 5.6% out of work.
ABBOTT: No, that’s 23%.
COSTELLO: Okay, so it’s 23% unemployed.
ABBOTT: No, that’s 5.6%.
COSTELLO: WAIT A MINUTE. Is it 5.6% or 23%?
ABBOTT: 5.6% are unemployed. 23% are out of work.
COSTELLO: If you are out of work you are unemployed.
ABBOTT: No, Congress said you can’t count the “Out of Work” as the unemployed. You have to look for work to be unemployed.
COSTELLO: BUT THEY ARE OUT OF WORK!!!
ABBOTT: No, you miss his point.
COSTELLO: What point?
ABBOTT: Someone who doesn’t look for work can’t be counted with those who look for work. It wouldn’t be fair.
COSTELLO: To whom?
ABBOTT: The unemployed.
COSTELLO: But ALL of them are out of work.
ABBOTT: No, the unemployed are actively looking for work. Those who are out of work gave up looking and if you give up, you are no longer in the ranks of the unemployed.
COSTELLO: So if you’re off the unemployment roles that would count as less unemployment?
ABBOTT: Unemployment would go down. Absolutely!
COSTELLO: The unemployment just goes down because you don’t look for work?
ABBOTT: Absolutely it goes down. That’s how it gets to 5.6%. Otherwise it would be 23%.
COSTELLO: Wait, I got a question for you. That means there are two ways to bring down the unemployment number?
ABBOTT: Two ways is correct.
COSTELLO: Unemployment can go down if someone gets a job?
COSTELLO: And unemployment can also go down if you stop looking for a job?
COSTELLO: So there are two ways to bring unemployment down, and the easier of the two is to have people stop looking for work.
ABBOTT: Now you’re thinking like an Economist.
COSTELLO: I don’t even know what the I just said!
ABBOTT: Now you’re thinking like a Politician.
Posted by Joe at 8:51 PM
Saturday, September 5, 2015
Tuesday, September 1, 2015
In response to this sheriff's declaration that ALL lives matter, the leaders of the Black Lives Matter have castigated his comments as racist, insensitive and destructive to the BLM movement.
So ONLY black lives matter?
Give me an ever-lovin'-blue-eyed break!
Come on, people! Get real!